Expected results in actions proposed within ARCOSLIFE
- Restoration of a least 50 ha of habitat 2130* Fixed coastal dunes with herbaceous vegetation (“grey dunes”).
- Restoration of at least 65 ha of habitats 2120 shifting dunes along the shoreline with Ammophila arenaria (“white dunes”) and 2110 Embryonic shifting dunes.
- Elimination of, at least, 250 Pinus trees from the dune system of Barayo.
- Elimination of invasive exotic flora in around 75 ha of dune systems in northern Spain.
- Protection of dune systems against anthropogenic impact by placing around 5000 m of treated wood for coastal conditions and rope fences.
- Plantation of more than 5000 plants of European beach grass (Ammophila arenaria) and sand coach (Elymus farctus) in order to restore the natural dynamics of the dunes.
- Development of the action plans for the restoration of the selected dune systems.
- Development of germination protocol, at least 15 rare or threatened species.
- Gathering and short term storage of germplasm (seeds), at least 28 species to ensure their availability in restoration actions.
- Definition of culture protocols, at least 10 target species.
COURSES AND MEETINGS
- Organization and celebration of courses and meetings on dune restoration techniques.
First collecting campaigns on 2015-2016.
Achieved percentage (march 2015)
Schedule by locations
- ASTURIAS 15%
- CANTABRIA 5%
- PAÍS VASCO 20%